Tuesday, July 7, 2015
KAATSU For Powerful Thighs And Hamstrings
Football or fútbol, speed skating or rowing, leg power and drive are what sometimes separates elite athletes from first and second, from gold and silver.
One example is the very intense KAATSU Training program that Olympic speed skaters used to develop their speed and power in their thighs and hamstrings. The following 5 basic exercises with KAATSU Air Bands have proven successful:
6 Types of Exercises:
2. Leg Curls
3. Leg Lunges
4. Calf Raises
5. Slide Board
* Focus on doing "non-lock exercises" where the knees are never fully extended and the muscles are constantly engaged with the KAATSU Air Bands on.
* Keep the rest period between sets and between exercises to 20 seconds maximum.
* Build the lactate levels to the highest levels possible.
* Do 3-4 sets of each exercise to failure (maximum effort).
* Failure on each set should be reached earlier and earlier (i.e., 24-40 repetitions on the first set in each exercise; >20 reps on second set; >10 reps in his third set; 1-2 reps on fourth set.
Do deep, quick non-lock squats until failure where the knees are kept at less than 90° throughout the 4 sets.
2. LEG CURLS
Do quickly paced leg curls until failure where the legs were kept at less than 90° throughout the 4 sets.
3. LEG LUNGES
Do deep walking leg lunges where athlete "walks" forward with (or without) a bar bell resting on the shoulders (or dumb bells in his hands).
4. CALF RAISES
Do 4 sets of calf raises with weights on the shoulders and toes in a starting position elevated above the heels (i.e., while standing on a small step or a step board) so the calves are worked.
5. SLIDE BOARD
Skate back and forth on a slide board in a deep squat, occasionally with weights resting on his shoulders.
Copyright © 2015 by KAATSU Global