Friday, September 23, 2022
Hosted October 10th-12th in Washington, DC by the Association of the United States Army, the Association of the United States Army Annual Meeting & Exposition is the largest land power exposition and professional development forum in North America. This AUSA-organized event includes informative presentations, panel discussions on pertinent military and national security subjects, workshops, and exhibitions.
KAATSU Global will share its revolutionary modality to the military community - after offering the same to the medical and sports communities at the 37th World Congress of Sports Medicine held this week in Mexico.
KAATSU Global is showcasing itsrecently launched KAATSU B1 tubeless device that is controlled by a smartphone app at ASUA.
Navy SEAL Captain John Doolittle and KAATSU Master Specialist Chris Morgan will showcase the new KAATSU B1 along with the workhorse KAATSU C3 and clinical KAATSU M3 models. They will demonstrate and explain the effects of the Progressive KAATSU Cycle modality with the B1, C3, and M3 on metabolism, perceptual, mood and cognitive responses to resistance exercise and its practical applications on jet lag mitigation and post-exercise recovery.
As the sports scientists and military community both delve deeper into the advantages, profound simplicity, and unheard of outcomes of the KAATSU technology and our non-intuitive protocols, their collective knowledge and acceptance will help many others around the world better understand the numerous applications that can improve athletic performance, rehabilitation, recovery, balance, and strength gains for tactical, elite, competitive and recreational athletes - as well as for those of any age and walk of life," said Steven Munatones, CEO of KAATSU Global.
Copyright © 2014 - 2022 by KAATSU Global
Thursday, September 22, 2022
KAATSU Helps Usher in New Era of Sports Medicine
KAATSU Presentation at 37th World Congress of Sports Medicine
Huntington Beach, Calif, September 22, 2022 -- KAATSU Global, the pioneer of the global Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) market, will be presented at the 37th World Congress of Sports Medicine. The Congress is organized by the International Federation of Sports Medicine and will be held in Guadalajara, Mexico, September 22 - 25.
Under the guidance of Professor Yannis Pitsiladis, Chairman of the International Scientific Committee and member of the Medical and Scientific Commission of the International Olympic Committee, Dr. Fergus Guppy and Dr. Maria Kotopoulea Nikolaidi of the University of Brighton will host a symposium of KAATSU training and explain the latest developments for elite athletes, the elderly, and clinical populations. Applications in these three markets will be demonstrated by Steven Munatones and Chris Morgan of KAATSU Global using the recently launched KAATSU B1 tubeless device that is controlled by a smartphone app.
The symposium will also cover data showing the effects of the Progressive KAATSU Cycle modality on metabolism, perceptual, mood and cognitive responses to resistance exercise and its practical applications on jet lag mitigation and post-exercise recovery.
In the sporting world, there has long been anecdotal evidence of the benefits of the KAATSU Cycle, the researchers from the University of Brighton are excited to publish peer-reviewed data to contribute to the BFR body of evidence.
"It is gratifying to know that Professor Pitsiladis, Dr. Nikolaidi, Dr. Giannopoulou and Dr. Guppy are exploring the benefits and outcomes of the patented KAATSU Cycle modality and our proprietary protocols. As they delve deeper into the advantages and profound simplicity of the KAATSU technology, their knowledge will help many others in Europe and around the world better understand the numerous applications that can improve athletic performance, rehabilitation, and recovery for elite, competitive and recreational athletes - and those of any age," said Steven Munatones, Co-founder and CEO of KAATSU.
KAATSU is the world’s most intelligent automated pressure system for training, health and recovery. Invented in 1966 by Dr. Yoshiaki Sato of Tokyo, Japan, and protected by 47 patents, KAATSU next-generation equipment and protocols, including cycle, have a unique and unprecedented safety track record used in over 100 million individual KAATSU sessions in 49 countries around the globe.
The International Federation of Sports Medicine (FIMS) is home to 4 continental sports medicine associations and 117 national associations worldwide, bringing together 125,000 sports doctors from 117 countries.
Tuesday, September 13, 2022
Raynaud’s phenomenon is a problem that causes decreased blood flow to the fingers. In some cases, it also causes less blood flow to the ears, toes, nipples, knees, or nose. This happens due to spasms of blood vessels in those areas. The spasms happen in response to cold, stress, or emotional upset.
Individuals with Raynaud's disease should use KAATSU equipment very carefully and very gently. These are the standard KAATSU recommendations:
1. Only use the KAATSU Cycle mode. Never use the KAATSU Constant mode.
2. Only use the KAATSU Cycle mode while sitting down or relaxing comfortably. Never use while exercising vigorously or intensely.
3. Only use in climatic conditions and situations where the user is comfortable. Never use while cold or stressed.
4. Only use the KAATSU Air Bands with VERY VERY light pressure. Never use above the low pressure settings.
5. Always place the KAATSU Air Bands on VERY VERY lightly. Never place the bands with the standard KAATSU "one-finger tightness" use "2-finger" or "3-finger" or "4-finger" tightness.
6. Always use when the individual is very well hydrated.
7. Only do one KAATSU Cycle set on the first day in the low pressure setting and carefully monitor the condition and reaction.
8. If there are problems or uncomfortableness with the KAATSU Air Bands on the arms, then do not use KAATSU on the arms. Use only on the legs.
9. Remove the bands immediately if the individual starts to feel pain or become lightheaded.
Individuals with Raynaud's disease can take several months to get accustomed to KAATSU. Always VERY VERY gradually and gently training the capillary tissue to become more resilient and elastic.
Copyright © 2014 - 2022 by KAATSU Global
Monday, September 12, 2022
The Bluetooth-enabled KAATSU B1 device is the newest model in the KAATSU product line.
The B1 operates via a smartphone, either an Android or iOS app. The B1 can be safely utilized anywhere anytime by anyone with a smartphone.
• The KAATSU B1 - Dual Model comes with 2 Wearable units, 2 KAATSU Arm Air Bands, 2 KAATSU Leg Air Bands, and includes the online KAATSU Education Course, KAATSU Magazines, access to the KAATSU Performance (a cloud-based database), a customized training program (if desired), and a 1-year warranty for $1,499.99. The 2 Wearable units are interchangeable between KAATSU Arm Air Bands and KAATSU Leg Air Bands.
• The KAATSU B1 - Quad Model comes with 4 Wearable units, 2 KAATSU Arm Air Bands, 2 KAATSU Leg Air Bands, and includes the online KAATSU Education Course, KAATSU Magazines, access to the KAATSU Performance (a cloud-based database), a customized training program (if desired), and a 1-year warranty for $1,999.99.
• The KAATSU B1 - Leg & Core Model comes with 2 Wearable units, 2 KAATSU Leg Air Bands, and includes the online KAATSU Education Course, KAATSU Magazines, access to the KAATSU Performance (a cloud-based database), a customized training program (if desired), and a 1-year warranty for $1,349.99.
• The KAATSU B1 - Arm Model comes with 2 Wearable units, 2 KAATSU Leg Air Bands, and includes the online KAATSU Education Course, KAATSU Magazines, access to the KAATSU Performance (a cloud-based database), a customized training program (if desired), and a 1-year warranty for $1,299.99.
• There is an optional 2-year warranty for $199.99, an optional KAATSU Masters Specialist Course for $250, an optional KAATSU CEU Course that will be offered for $799.99 by year-end 2022, and an optional Masimo MightySat Finger Pulse Oximeter for $299.
Applications & Operations
• The KAATSU protocols (applications) are the same as used with previous KAATSU models (i.e., KAATSU Master, KAATSU Master 2.0, KAATSU M3, KAATSU Cycle 2.0, KAATSU Nano, KAATSU C3) and are based on clinical evidence derived from decades of research in the Japan, China, United States, and United Kingdom.
• The ultra-lightweight B1 Wearable units are connected with the arm and leg KAATSU Air Bands that control the inflation and deflation of uniquely designed internal pneumatic bladders. The bands do not impede arterial flow and only serve to gently, repeatedly, gradually, and briefly modify venous flow with KAATSU’s patented customizable Cycle pressure modes.
• Either one or two B1 Air Bands can be worn at a time, for single-limb or double-limb KAATSU. Like all other KAATSU Air Bands, the bands are placed on either your upper arms or upper legs. The Wearable units and bands are operated by the KAATSU B1 app on your smartphone. The KAATSU app is available on both iOS and Android.
• The KAATSU B1 app captures, archives, and analyzes your individual usage data that can be shared with physicians, therapists, coaches, trainers, chiropractors, teammates, and compared with others in the KAATSU Performance ecosystem.
KAATSU B1 versus KAATSU C3 or KAATSU Cycle 2.0 Advantages
• Tubeless: The KAATSU B1 does not require connector tubes as with earlier KAATSU models. This allows users to have more mobility and freedom of movement in order to meet performance, recovery, wellness, and rehabilitation needs. The B1 is tangle-free without any risk of tripping on connector tubes.
• Data Capture: Real-time usage data is captured, archived, analyzed, and can be shared on both an individual and group basis.
• Clinical Applications: Medical professionals, therapists, trainers, and coaches can access usage data and provide remote diagnoses and therapeutic and training recommendations to users.
• KAATSU Ecosystem: The KAATSU B1 and KAATSU M3 share a common database so medical professionals, therapists, and coaches can use the M3 in a clinical setting and the user can use the B1 at home or at work with usage data shared across the B1 and M3 platforms.
• On a cellular level, KAATSU increases vascular elasticity, naturally produces a robust hormonal response and healthful metabolites, and improves oxygen and blood flow.
• Physiologically, these biochemical reactions lead to better health safely and faster.
• Unlike other BFR equipment, there is no occlusion of arterial blood flow which significantly increases its safety profile.
• The KAATSU B1 is ideal and easy to use for both active and non-active individuals whether able-bodied, injured, or disabled, users of all ages, coaches, trainers, chiropractors, physical therapists, and physicians.
• Global analyses of multiple parameters is enabled (by gender, age, application, pressure, BMI, etc.). Over time, this aggregated and comparative data will help educate future users and KAATSU Specialists on optimal usage patterns and applications.
• The KAATSU Ecosystem now includes 3 models at three different price points that are attractive for different types of users:
o C3 at $999.99 is the lowest cost model, ideal for individual use
o B1 at $1,499.99 is the mid-range model, ideal for individual and military/team/group use who desire data analyses and individual data storage on their smartphones
o M3 at $4,999.99 is the clinical model, ideal for hospitals, medical clinics, rehabilitation and wellness centers
Dual versus Quad Model Advantages
The primary advantages of KAATSU B1 Quad Model (with 4 Wearable units) versus the KAATSU B1 Dual Model (with 2 Wearable units) are as follows:
• Two people can simultaneously use the KAATSU B1 Quad Model. That is, a husband and wife or 2 teammates can use 2 Wearable units each, enabling them to workout together. In this case, one partner uses the arm bands while the other partner uses the leg bands - meanwhile all the data is captured on each of their own respective smartphones.
• Users do not have to remove and put back on the 2 Wearable units each time they transition from using their arm and leg bands. That is, they just keep the 4 Wearable units on the arm bands and leg bands all the time. The units can be charged simultaneously while the units stay on the bands.
• Users can share their Wearable units and bands with others who might be interested in learning more about KAATSU at the same time the original user is demonstrating the KAATSU B1 with 1 Wearable unit on 1 band. The system also enables single-limb use.
• In the case that 1 Wearable unit is damaged, gets wet, or is not charged, a user has the choice to interchangeable use their other 3 Wearable units so there is no downtime.
KAATSU B1 Package
• KAATSU B1 Wearables: 2 units in the Dual Model or 4 units in the Quad Model
• 2 KAATSU Arm Air Bands
• 2 KAATSU Leg Air Bands
• 2 KAATSU Arm Wearable covers
• 2 KAATSU Leg Wearable covers
• USB Type-C dual charger (to simultaneously charge 2 units)
• Black carrying case
• Android or iOS app
• KAATSU Performance (cloud-based database)
• Online KAATSU Education Program
• KAATSU Magazines
• Optional Masimo MightSat Finger Pulse Oximeter
• Customized training program (if desired)
Differences between the KAATSU C3 and KAATSU B1 Models
• KAATSU C3 has connector tubes; KAATSU B1 does not
• KAATSU C3 was developed to meet the rugged needs of tactical athletes (i.e., soldiers) who occasionally train in harsh, dusty, muddy, rainy conditions
• KAATSU C3 device easily fits in a shirt or pants pocket or be clipped to a pair of shorts, pants, or tights; KAATSU B1 Wearable units are attached to the KAATSU Air Bands.
• KAATSU C3 costs $999; KAATSU B1 starts at $1,299.
• KAATSU C3 and KAATSU B1 Air Bands are not interchangeable
For more information on the KAATSU B1, visit here.
Unboxing the KAATSU B1:
Downloading and using the KAATSU B1 app on an iPhone:
Copyright © 2014 - 2022 by KAATSU Global