Tuesday, September 13, 2022
KAATSU with Individuals with Raynaud's Disease
Raynaud’s phenomenon is a problem that causes decreased blood flow to the fingers. In some cases, it also causes less blood flow to the ears, toes, nipples, knees, or nose. This happens due to spasms of blood vessels in those areas. The spasms happen in response to cold, stress, or emotional upset.
Individuals with Raynaud's disease should use KAATSU equipment very carefully and very gently. These are the standard KAATSU recommendations:
1. Only use the KAATSU Cycle mode. Never use the KAATSU Constant mode.
2. Only use the KAATSU Cycle mode while sitting down or relaxing comfortably. Never use while exercising vigorously or intensely.
3. Only use in climatic conditions and situations where the user is comfortable. Never use while cold or stressed.
4. Only use the KAATSU Air Bands with VERY VERY light pressure. Never use above the low pressure settings.
5. Always place the KAATSU Air Bands on VERY VERY lightly. Never place the bands with the standard KAATSU "one-finger tightness" use "2-finger" or "3-finger" or "4-finger" tightness.
6. Always use when the individual is very well hydrated.
7. Only do one KAATSU Cycle set on the first day in the low pressure setting and carefully monitor the condition and reaction.
8. If there are problems or uncomfortableness with the KAATSU Air Bands on the arms, then do not use KAATSU on the arms. Use only on the legs.
9. Remove the bands immediately if the individual starts to feel pain or become lightheaded.
Individuals with Raynaud's disease can take several months to get accustomed to KAATSU. Always VERY VERY gradually and gently training the capillary tissue to become more resilient and elastic.
Copyright © 2014 - 2022 by KAATSU Global
Location: Huntington Beach, CA, USA